Thursday, March 08, 2007

Britney Strikes Again

Readers since I last posted I learned I will be a limper for longer than I thought. It turns out my ghastly fall caused 2 chips in my ankle bone. Yes! Chips! And please don't ask me where those bits of bone went because I don't know and don't want to know.

As I've been hobbling to work this week I've been leaving a little later so I can get a seat in the morning. That failed today. I was forced to stand and next to what appeared to be a normal middle aged man. About 10 minutes into my commute I started hearing the distinct sound of Britney Spear's "Toxic" coming from somewhere. I realized it was from the fairly normal looking man to my right! It was blaring through his headphones and he was bopping his head to the beat. It took all I had to not start laughing like a crazy person!

Sadly, he had one over on me. For the next 4 hours "Toxic" was running through my head at full speed. I thought I was going to lose my mind! Thankfully I heard another song that forced "Toxic" out of my mind forever. Funny to have a song with barely any words torturing me all morning.

No comments: