Friday, March 02, 2007

The Limper has competition!

I discovered something almost worse than a limper the other morning. The zig zagger. I was trying to walk up the steps to the subway platform and was in a rush since the train was pulling into the station. The man ahead of me was the only thing between me and catching my train.

No one was in front him but he found it necessary to walk smack in the middle of the stairs. As I tried to go left he went left. I dashed to the right, he did the same. There was no way I was getting around him. I lost hope of catching my train and prepared myself for the wait. But I got lucky and train was stopped longer than usual and I finally got past the man once we both reached the platform.

The zag zagger is a rare find but when you come across them you want to bop them in the head. There's nothing more frustrating than not being able to move ahead with only one person in your way. I've often encountered them on sidewalks which is slightly more mangeable. But the stairs! The stairs are hell!

No comments: