Sunday, February 11, 2007

I made it!

I finally made it to work Thursday morning. After a few frantic phone calls from Julia and one I made to Beth I started what would I thought would be a horribly cold commute. I opted to try my regular station rather than walking to Steinway to catch the R train.

I was lucky. I waited about 2 minutes and a N train pulled into the station. It wasn't as crowded as I had anticipated, which was a nice surprise. Even better the train went into the city. Beth had told me earlier that she took the N to QueensBoro Plaza and had to transfer to the 7. After all the phone calls back and forth between Julia and work I managed to make it in on time.

The weirdest part about the whole morning was that earlier in the week I was thinking to myself what would happen if the train stopped working? How would I get into the city? After this fiasco Julia told me I'm now part of her carpool should the trains stop working. I also know that I leave late enough to miss most of the damage. And of course there's always the walk to the R........

No comments: