Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Standing room only

This morning I went in to work earlier than usual. I wanted to get a head start so I left about 30 minutes earlier. Let me tell you what a difference 30 minutes makes!

I got to the top of the stairs and thought what the hell are all these people doing here!?? I figured I was leaving at a somewhat off time, 9am. Most people are either at work already or get in closer to 10. Apparently there's another world that starts around 9:30.

Anywho, I made my way through the crowd and snagged a prime spot. Right in front and close to where the doors of the train would be. I knew I wasn't going to get a seat but I wanted to try and get a good standing position. I was lucky. I managed to get the last spot for one of the center poles. This is key for when the train rounds the sharp curve going into Queens Boro Plaza. This morning's conductor was kind and took it easy. He didn't fling us around the train and I didn't have to use every muscle in my body to keep from falling. I like him, he's my favorite conductor.

I eventually made it to work without any problems. Although I have to admit the worst thing about being on a crowded train is not people pushing you but other people's breath touching you. I was standing next to one girl that was a heavy breather. It kept hitting my arm, grossing me out, and there was nothing I could do. Yetch!

p.s. that beautiful rabbit cake is one that I made for Easter. Admire it....and it was delicious!

No comments: